The substantiation study regarding the population of Cluj county underlined the need to implement measures for:
- Reducing disparities at the regional level related to the age structure of the population;
- Reducing the differences between the volume of the official population and the resident population, especially for the categories of young adults;
- Decreasing the projected demographic decline in the medium term, in the context of worrying values at national level.
In this respect, the measures aim at possible results:
- Reducing long-term permanent and temporary emigration;
- Retention of young population, graduates of higher education at universities in Cluj;
- Increasing fertility to a level close to the average value needed to replace generations.