This Policy on cookies applies to all users of the website patjcluj.ro – the information presented below aims to inform users of this website about the placement, use and administration of cookies by PATJ CLUJ in the context of users browsing this Web page.
2. What are cookies?
In essence, cookies are a small amount of data that is transmitted between a sender and a recipient. A cookie is created and interpreted by the sender, while the recipient only keeps it and sends it back if the sender requests it.
When you browse the Internet, the sender is the server that hosts a website, and the recipient is the Internet browser (browser) of the user who visits that site. Their purpose is to identify the user, to verify his past activity on that site and to provide specific content based on this data.
When a user visits a site for the first time, the server stores a certain cookie in its internet browser (browser). On all subsequent visits to this first visit, the server will ask for the cookie to read it and upload a specific configuration of the website that is most appropriate for that user. You can see cookies as a label that servers apply to each user, then read them to identify users.
This identification is extremely useful especially on websites where real-time user data is critical. For example, when you use an online store, you would not be able to buy anything without the help of cookies. Stores could not identify you and assign you a shopping cart without them because, each time you load a new page, the store would look at you as a new user and create a new cart.
For more information, we suggest http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
3. For what purposes are cookies used through this website:
Our cookies do not retain personal data such as your name or bank details. They only allow us to find out information after you have logged in or help to make the connection between your browsing information and your personal data when you choose to register for a service, white paper or newsletter.
For this, in some situations we use persistent cookies. We take the protection of your personal data seriously – we always monitor and improve how we can protect it.
– Improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that occur during its visit / use by users;
– Providing anonymous statistics on how this website is used to PATJ CLUJ as the owner of this website;
– the language in which a website is viewed;
– posting comments on the site;
– to be able to keep you logged in to the website, to be able to store your shopping cart, and other relevant product lists.
4. What is the lifetime of cookies?
The lifetime of cookies can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. There are the following categories of cookies that also determine their lifespan:
- Session cookies – A “session cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes their browser.
- Persistent or fixed cookies – A “persistent” or “fixed” cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date (which can be within minutes , days or several years in the future) or until deleted by the user at any time through the browser settings.
5. What cookies are used through this website:
Facebook: If you use Facebook’s “like” or “share” buttons to share content, Facebook will generate a cookie to let you know if you’ve shared your information or not. To reject or delete these cookies Facebook will provide the following link: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Some forms, links on the website may redirect you to other websites for which we are not responsible. Cookies used by other websites will not appear in the list above.
6. What kind of information is stored and accessed through cookies?
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows browser recognition. This website recognizes the browser until cookies expire or are deleted.
7. Customize your browser settings for cookies
If the computer or technical equipment used to browse this website is used by more than one person, the setting for deleting individual browsing data each time the browser is closed may be considered.
8. How can cookies be stopped?
- Click the menu button (three horizontal dots) at the top right of your browser window and select “Settings” and then “Show advanced settings.”
- Locate the “Data protection” title and select “Content settings”
- Now select “Allow setting local data”
Safari on OX X
- Click on “Safari” at the top of the browser window and select “Preferences”
- Click on “Data protection”
- Select “Allow from websites you visit”
- Click the menu button (three horizontal bars) at the top right of your browser window and select “Options”
- Then select the “Data protection” icon
- Click “Cookies”, then select “allow sites to set cookies”
- Click the “Settings” icon (which looks like a sprocket) at the top right of the browser window and select “Internet Options”, then click the “Data Protection” button
- Make sure your Data Protection level is set to Medium or lower, which will allow cookies in your browser.
- Setting the above Environmental Protection will disable cookies.